Kansas City Royals (3-12) vs Detroit Tigers (5-9)Date : 04/20/2018
Time : 1:10PM
Location : Comerica Park
Pick, Prediction, & Preview:
Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers
It’s doubleheader Friday and the Kansas City Royals and the Detroit Tigers will face-off at Comerica Park for the first two games in a 3 games series this weekend. The Royals will look to right-hander Jason Hammel (3.86 ERA) to lead the charge on the mound against another righty in Detroit’s Michael Fulmer (3.86 ERA). Both pitchers are coming off of losses with the hopes of turning things around to start the series.
The two teams split their first series this season with the third game being postponed due to weather.
Kansas City Royals's Latest Performance :
The Kansas City Royals are rebuilding this season and are sitting six games back in last place in the AL Central. They are also coming off of a doubleheader sweep by the Toronto Bluejays on Tuesday at Rogers Centre. The Royals have lost seven in a row. Their bullpen has let them down time and again and they have failed to put enough runs on the board to etch a win here and there. In there previous five losses, they hit 9 for 43 with runners in scoring position and the bullpen has allowed 42 runs in 48 innings.
This team is dismal on both sides of the ball and are in need of an overhaul before the season gets any uglier.
Detroit Tigers's Latest Performance :
The Detroit Tigers have had an interesting start to the season. They’ve had six games postponed already due to weather. It’s been over a decade since that happened last. The Tigers are 4.5 games back in the AL Central and are coming off of a chilly 37-degree win over the Baltimore Orioles 4-2 on Tuesday. Manager Tom Gardenhire isn’t a fan of the cold weather and by the lack of attendance, neither are the fans.
The Tigers only have one hitter batting over three hundred in Victor Martinez (.310) and are looking for his supporting cast who has failed to show this season.
How Kansas City Royals & Detroit Tigers Matchup.
Vegas Odds, Offshore Odds, & Odds ATS:
Royals are 6-9 ATS and 5-9-1 on the over/under.
Royals are 2-6 ATS at home and 4-3 ATS away.
Royals are 4-4 O/U at home and 1-5-1 O/U Away
Tigers are 6-8 ATS and 5-9 on the over/under
Tigers are 2-5 ATS at home and 4-3 ATS away
Tigers are 3-4 O/U Home and 2-5 O/U Away
In-Depth Analysis of each team:
The Kansas City Royals will have their hands full tonight if their pitching staff falls apart once again. It’s tough to win games when relievers are giving up multiple hits and runs rather than closing out games. Detroit isn’t the best team in the league by any stretch, but they are playing against one of the worst teams in the league and are coming off of a win which is a lot more than the Royals can say for themselves right now.
Betting trends for Kansas City Royals:
- Royals are 8-1 in their last 9 opening games of a double-header.
- Royals are 5-2 in their last 7 games on astroturf.
- Royals are 3-7 in their last 10 vs. American League East.
- Royals are 6-14 in their last 20 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Royals are 2-5 in their last 7 road games.
- Royals are 3-9 in their last 12 games vs. a starter with a WHIP less than 1.15.
Betting trends for Detroit Tigers:
- Tigers are 16-35 in their last 51 home games vs. a right-handed starter.
- Tigers are 16-36 in their last 52 home games.
- Tigers are 3-7 in their last 10 games vs. a team with a winning % below .400.
- Tigers are 3-8 in their last 11 games following an off day.
- Tigers are 17-50 in their last 67 overall.
- Tigers are 16-48 in their last 64 games on grass.
- Tigers are 13-40 in their last 53 games vs. a right-handed starter.